Take Control of Your Future
Begin your career with Argos and become part of a team creating products that make a difference in people’s lives!
- Medical, Dental, Disability & Life Insurance Options
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Contribution
- Clean & Temperature Controlled Work Environment
- Private, Family-Owned Company
- Small Company, Less than 50 Employees
- Located in Taunton, MA between Providence and Boston
- Located in the largest Industrial Park in Massachusetts
If you are a motivated individual interested in joining a growing company, an organization whose employees work hard and have the tools to do their job, Argos Corporation is the place to take control of your future. Argos is making a name for itself because of the quality and commitment of its employees and their dedication to quality in everything they do. If being part of this type of environment gets you excited then Argos could be the right place for you.
Medical and Commercial Extrusion Technicians
As an Extrusion Technician, you’ll provide technical assistance and support needed to operate machinery within Argos Corporation’s commercial or medical operations. You’ll set-up, operate, troubleshoot, and clean all extrusion manufacturing equipment per specialized standards. You’ll fill out production documentation per ISO13485 regulated Quality Management System Work Instructions, perform raw material management, conduct mixing and blending of raw material components, handle finished goods packaging, and you will provide mentorship to team members.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Sets up, runs, and adjusts manufacturing equipment per specialized standards on multiple pieces of machinery and/or processes.
- Operates equipment and performs troubleshooting as needed.
- Performs quality checks to assure product compliance and examines product for defects.
- Uses quality tools such as calipers, micrometers, and pin gauges along with vision systems and laser micrometers
- Fills out production documentation per GMP.
- Take action to ensure quality limits and efficiency targets are met.
- Monitor raw material usage and tracks production throughout production lots.
- Organizes work area and work team maintaining a clean work area.
- Performs total machine clean up.
- Handles change overs and clean ups of machinery.
- Works independently with little supervision.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Trains and provides mentorship.
OTHER DUTIES AND SKILLS MAY INCLUDE:
- Complex medical extrusions such as multi-lumen, multi-layer, and bump tubing
- Deliver effective feedback while delegating work responsibilities to peers.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals and fractions.
- Understanding of weights and measures, including metric.
- Read precision measuring instruments.
- Strong trouble shooting and critical thinking skills.
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and written).
- Must be flexible regarding manufacturing environment work schedules.
- Complete work within GMP and ISO13485 compliance.
- Work safely within guidelines.
- Can lift up to 50lbs, consistent lifting of less than 20 lbs.
- Capable of standing on feet for long periods of time while monitoring equipment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED equivalency required; Technical High School diploma preferred or Associates Degree in STEM field.
- Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment or strong demonstratable equivalency required.
- Experience working in a controlled system (Ex: ISO9001/13485); Medical device industry background preferred.
- Experience working with melt extrusion.
Value-Added and Manufacturing Lead
This position is geared towards an individual with hands-on leadership experience working closely with other employees to manufacture and give direction on daily operational needs. The successful candidate will take responsibility for leading the group and watching metrics. The individual will make an impact on people, products and quality in a medical manufacturing operation. This position will support manufacturing, scheduling, and operations.
Value Added Lead/Manufacturing Associate
- Work in a hands-on manner in a manufacturing environment to make or add value to medical and non-medical components.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve detailed work instructions for secondary operation and value-added processes.
- Train and provide support for the value-added operations team.
- Responsible for supervising/reporting on the workflow of product through the value-added operations areas.
- Comply with OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assist with the installation of new equipment as needed.
- Record/Report production metrics to the production manager/operations team.
- Work with the production manager to assure schedule information is transferred and understood by the production team.
- Understand operational restrictions due to process, personnel or equipment and work with production manager to adjust and streamline.
- Schedule due to restrictions.
- Oversee that all work aligns with Argos’ Quality Policy.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of an associates degree or equivalent work/military experience required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Strong communication/writing skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of GDP/GMP is a plus.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.