Argos, conveniently local between Boston and Providence, is looking to add additional talent to our team. If you feel any of the following openings fit your skills, we encourage you to apply at email@example.com.
Oversee production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Ensure smooth production operation during shift.
- Responsible for supervising and operating production lines in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Supervise, train, and coach as necessary all Manufacturing Workers on shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, and employee breaks.
- Coordinate and/or run production startups, shutdowns, changeovers, and machine maintenance.
- Coordinate with Production Manager for appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible to meet shift quality, safety, and production goals.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate with other Lead Operators at shift changeover and Production Manager.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for the completion of all shift paper work & daily logs; (production run sheets, quality control records, packaging requests, production reporting, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Conduct quality control testing
- Perform back-up for Manufacturing/Warehouse workers when necessary.
- Provide on-the-job training to all employees on a continuous basis as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years of plastic extrusion experience desired.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery. This is normally acquired through two to five years of manufacturing experience.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Flexibility to cover shift changes.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
PROCESS ENGINEER (recent graduates welcome to apply)
Primary operations are medical extrusion in a white room environment and thermoplastic extrusion. Secondary operations include heat shrink tubing and value added operations. Argos Corporation is an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified company
Works with Argos Corporation Staff where needed to supports projects and ongoing technical needs related to production and process. Project examples include, new product development, ISO compliance, production efficiency improvements, new equipment needs, technical support of sales and marketing, and resolution of customer service concerns.
| PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
| KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Working conditions are normal for an office and manufacturing environment.