Looking to make a change? If so, this just may be the place for you. Argos is looking for a qualified candidate in our production area. If the below job description matches your skills set, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Lead Extrusion Operator
Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Ensure smooth production operation during shift.
- Responsible for supervising and operating production lines in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Supervise, train, and coach as necessary all Manufacturing/Warehouse Workers on shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, and employee breaks.
- Coordinate and/or run production startups, shutdowns, changeovers, and machine maintenance.
- Coordinate with Production Manager for appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible to meet shift quality, safety, and production goals.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate with other Lead Operators at shift changeover and Production Manager.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for the completion of all shift paper work & daily logs; (production run sheets, quality control records, packaging requests, production reporting, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Conduct quality control testing
- Perform back-up for Manufacturing/Warehouse workers when necessary.
- Provide on-the-job training to all employees on a continuous basis as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years of extrusion experience.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery. This is normally acquired through two to five years of manufacturing experience.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.